WARNING: By the end of this post you may feel incredibly sad that I have nothing else to write about other than the events that unfolded this past Friday.
Very often in life I find myself in situations that remind me of certain storylines I watched fictional characters play out on my television screen. No I never had amnesia, and I was never deserted on a remote island, but there are times when I can recognize small comparisons. This past Friday I found myself in a similar situation as Jerry Seinfeld, specifically in regards to a "streak" he had kept for fourteen years, and eventually broke all because of a black and white cookie.
Thanks to a rainstorm on Friday, I found myself sitting in the Philadelphia airport for about two hours longer than originally planned. When the time came to finally board, I found myself not feeling too well. I get stomachaches quite a bit, and can usually tell the difference between the threatening, and non-threatening ones. By the time I had boarded the plane I knew I was in trouble. Luckily the plane door was still open when I first needed to expel certain items. I ran out into the terminal, took care of business, then sat down. The flight attendant was so nice and brought me some ginger ale and a black garbage bag just in case I needed it. I apologized to the people next to me in case anything happened, and luckily they were also really sweet, and said they had tough stomachs. I hoped for the best, and the plane took off.
Well, let's just say I needed the garbage bag, but only about an hour into the five hour flight. I was okay after that, but I had officially shattered my own ten-year record. I guess it had to be broken sometime, but I can't stop wishing I could have related to Seinfeld in another way, like being denied a bowl of soup.
6 comments:
get well soon buddy!
Sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you are NOT coming to work today!
GET BETTER! I almost called you on Friday to see how you were doing, but decided you were probably tired and trying to relax :( I you just hung out and did nothing all weekend!
I’m glad the people around you were nice, otherwise that would have made it even worse!! I thoroughly enjoyed your detailed story! Get better soon!
Want to play Scattegories? I tagged you so check out my blog for details!
I feel no sympathy for you seeing as how I threw up for like a month straight. It does suck though that you had to fly home while sick. Being sick in public is the worst!
At least you didn't get boxed in by Saddam Hussein!
Post a Comment