Many people believe that television is a form of mindless entertainment, and adds no real value to a person's life. However, while I don't typically agree with this generalization, I will say that sometimes that "mindless" entertainment is exactly what we all need sometimes. Not only do we find an escape, but we are reminded of what is important, or are inspired to do better in a certain aspect of our lives. I do not believe that television is the cure for everything, but it does help to ease the pain of a bad day. My personal prescription for such a day is none other than the fabulous Grey's Anatomy.
My history with Grey's Anatomy dates back to that 2005 Easter Sunday when it first appeared. After finishing that first episode I made a prediction this show would be a great success, and it has yet to prove me wrong. I have even had the proud honor of converting many people to this show, and feel this has helped humanity as a whole. One positive of the writer's strike is that it has given me the time to watch the past three seasons of this show, and remember just how much I truly appreciate it. In doing this, I have come up with what I believe are five of the shining moments of the show. There are many many more, so feel free to share your thoughts, but here are five I came up with, in no particular order.
1. When McSteamy (aka Mark Sloane) reappears at the beginning of Season 3. This is not completely appropriate for a blog, but I think you all know what I'm talking about.

2. Season 2 finale where Meredith is left to choose between McDreamy and Robin (okay, Finn).

3. Same episode, no caption is necessary.

4. The entire two-part series in Season 2 involving the "Code Black".

5. Meredith's speech to Derek at the beginning of Season 2.
OK, here it is. Your choice, it's simple, her or me. And I'm sure she's really great. But Derek, I love you. In a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me. I'll be at Joe's tonight, so if you do decide to sign the papers, meet me there.
2 comments:
I love that quote...for some reason the pics would not show. But 'Seriously' it is my perscription too and I am so glad to get a 're-fill' in the next couple weeks!!
I want a picture of sloan in a towel! It is so appropriate!
Post a Comment