THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

39:50


Yesterday I was able to participate in something I've been wanting to do for awhile. . .run in the annual race held in honor of Pat Tillman. The run is 4.2 miles, and loops around Tempe Town Lake, ending on the 42-yard-line of Sun Devil Stadium. This year I found the motivation to train a little so this feat was possible. All you hard core runners probably think 4.2 miles is a piece of cake, but let me tell you, for some of us it takes a little more effort. 


One great thing about the race, was that my dad, mom, sister and brother in law were also able to participate as well. While I did get beat by my 51 year old dad (he's in good shape!), I did finish the race in 39 minutes and 50 seconds. Don't judge me, but this is probably a personal best. It was a great experience, and I hope to run more races in the future!



4 comments:

Adrian said...

Check you out!! That's awesome! By the way, guess who's coming to town?

Anonymous said...

Good job, that's certainly not a shabby time. I'm glad I let you talk me into it.

Jessica said...

ROCK ON!!! I wish I would have done it too. I can do 2.5 miles in 30 minutes, so you would have totally beat me, oh well :)

Adrian said...

Your little brother just went with us to the fair! Check out my blog if you want to see pics!