THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Who needs a palm reader. . .

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where, the events that unfold around you make you stop and reflect upon your own life, specifically your future? I had such an experience yesterday when I visited the local Blockbuster. 


I was waiting in line to rent my movies, when I came upon a conversation the woman ahead of me was having with the guy behind the counter. She was a cute, little old lady, and was asking the employee whether he had a copy of a particular movie. The guy found a copy of this movie to rent and handed it to her. She looked at it for a minute, asked him how much it was, and was shocked to learn it was only $4.95. . .yes, it's robbery, but the rest of the story will explain her excitement. She told the employee that she had a $25 gift card to use, and would need to look around for something else to purchase. The employee then realized the woman wanted to buy the movie instead of just rent, and asked her if this was true. The woman said something to the effect of, "Of course I want to buy the movie, at my age you don't rent, plus I've bought movies my whole life". 

While this would seem like just a funny misunderstanding to most, I saw myself doing the exact same thing fifty years from now. Some people collect coins, sports memorabilia, stamps, guitars (love you Dad!), beanie babies, and many other things, but I have chosen to collect movies. So, thanks to the little old lady yesterday, I have realized the future looks pretty bright for those of us who have chosen to devote our time and money to the movie. May we always be blessed with great films to purchase, and lots of gift cards to help us save a buck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm still waiting!!!