I'll admit, when the writer's strike first started I thought it was the end of life as I knew it. While I didn't watch a large quantity of television, I did have a couple of shows I counted onto help improve my week, specifically my Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays. However, as time has gone on, I have found ways to cope and have since made peace with televisions absence. If anything, the break has been good for everyone, including the actor's who are taking a much needed, and well deserved break.
My support, or rather lack of protest for this strike ended a couple of days ago when I saw an advertisement for a new reality show coming to NBC.
According to the show's official website, My Dad is Better than Your Dad will help answer the age-old question, "Is My Dad Better Than Your Dad" through participation in "outrageous stunts". Now I ask you, is this really the age-old question? I thought it was somewhere along the lines of whether the chicken came before the egg. Even growing up in Utah, one of the most competitive places in the country, though they won't admit it, I don't remember this being an issue.
So, I beg of you, Writer's Guild of America and Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, make peace and reach the agreement I've been hearing will happen sometime next week before any more dad's get hurt.
By the way, there is no competition needed, my dad truly is better than your dad!
3 comments:
I don't know about that. You have not met my dad!! :)
So I totally watched that show last night! Did you? It was actually really cute! I was cracking up like the whole time!
p.s.--my dad is better than your dad! ;)
My Dad and your Dad are the same guy! They are both the best! ha ha That show looks so bad though. PS- Why am I not in any of your pictures?
Post a Comment