Since I've had a lot of free time lately, I decided to bring back an old habit I had as a child. I can remember the excitement I used to get out of visiting the bookstore during the first few weeks of summer, choosing a couple of books to help pass the time. I can also remember reading all of my books within the first week and wondering what to do next. As I got older, my love of reading did not disappear, but was instead put on hold while I read those things deemed mandatory by my many teachers. While I'm still not so sure it's better to be graduated, I am enjoying all the time I am able to spend doing one of the things I love most.
A friend of mine has a goal to read twenty new books this year, and I've decided to do the same. I have read three so far, and am hoping this pace will continue. Some of you will be happy to know that two of these books are the first two in the Twilight series. While I'm not usually one to follow the crowd, at least where vampire romance novels are concerned, I'll admit they're actually pretty good. So, while I continue my quest to read many, many books, feel free to leave suggestions, I'm always in the search for good books.

3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! I love love love the Twilight series! When I first heard that it was about vampires, I swore up and down that I would never read it. Now I've read all 3 and am totally addicted! The fourth one comes out this fall! Yeah! One of my favorite authors is Marcia Lynn McClure. You can find her books at the Church Bookstore. They are clean romance novels. I don't know if you would be into that, but my sisters and I love them! In 2007, I read at least 40 books. I definitely found my love for reading after I graduated college! If you find some new fabulous books, let me know.
Hey! You stole my idea... I must admit to you that I limited it to 20 books because I was afraid that I would start reading before I graduated, which means I would not have done any of my homework. I hope to read much more than that. Sadly for me, you have read 2 more than me (or is it three, I can't remember). As for Twilight series goes, I can't explain why I love them. I just do. I wish Edward could come sweep me off my feet. Oh crap! I am already married! ;) Glad you liked the books!
Hey I've been sorting and scrapbooking tons and tons pictures. I found a bunch of old friend pics, some that I'm not even in. Do you want some? I also have a million of the pics you and amy that you took of yourselves at my wedding. Interested?
Post a Comment