THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Soccer = Futbol = Happiness

As I entered the Denver airport yesterday to fly home to the face of the sun, I was immediately surrounded by soccer players of every age and gender. From security, to the boarding gate, even to the soccer mom sitting next to me on the plane. The familiar sight of soccer bags, jerseys, and team jackets was almost too much for me to take in. I was filled with memories of the ten years I devoted my time to this beautiful game and felt that old too familiar longing to go back to that simpler, happy time, where time was measured in 45 minute intervals, and I was always surrounded by at least ten of my best friends. And, while the game I love most was also the reason I lost it all seven years ago, I would not trade any of those memories for anything. So here's to finding out what makes you the happiest, and hoping it never goes away!

1 comment:

Colette said...

i loved this one! so true and let's not forget you still have MAD skills... i'd have killed to see you in your glory all those years ago :)